Monday, July 6, 2009

Inspired by Centsational Girl

After browsing around Centsational Girl's blog and learning to "look" at everything around me in a new way I stumbled across a few Treasures. The first one I forgot to take a before photo of so I removed the top and took a picture of the under side so you can see how dark and dated it looked. I found this one on Craigslist for $10.00. The second photo is after the first coat of primer spray paint.
















Finally with a top coat of Heirloom White it has found it's place in my Master bathroom and is waiting for a few more treasures of it's own to hold.
















Next is a head board I found at Goodwill for $12.00. Now normally I wouldn't have looked twice but after viewing Centsational Girls blog I've learned to look at everything with a new eye, well that and I've learned to "borrow" her ideas as well! ;)









I picked up some chocolate chalkboard paint from Home Depot and a couple of hooks. I taped off a square and painted - added the hooks and wrote "No Lifegaurd on Duty" It's now going to be hung on the block wall next to our pool.










Thank you Centsational Girl!!! Hopefully my friends will be inspired to see things in a different light!!


http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2009/06/outdoor-etagere-my-way.html


http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2009/06/diy-footboard-turned-message-center.html






Angie






























8 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Thank you for your support of my Maxi dress. After tomorrow, you will see why I am so appreciative... :)

I love your little shelf. I have to find time to peruse that site later today! Mondays are just so full of stuff!!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh my gosh are you the funniest person or what?? I'm going to call it my Comando dress from now on!! Ha ha!

Good one... and don't you just LOVE Target? Happy shopping.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Yes, you totally have to share your new dress find... also, I checked all the closets twice, and NO DICE. (er, I mean no pants!) Dang.

Angie said...

What a bummer! Hopefully they turn up somewhere!! ;)

Chris Kauffman said...

Love those projects , especially the headboard that is perfect for me too.
Chris

Anonymous said...

great projects! I'm about to dig into one of my own tomorrow night.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my Junkologie blog! It's so nice to meet you! I looooove these projects. The headboard coatrack is stunning!

Amy

Kate Riley said...

Those are wonderful projects ! I am so flattered by your comments. Keep up the excellent transformations, I love the new chalkboard by the pool - perfect for towels !

There's lots more to come on the website, so stay tuned.

Hugs,
Kate